Fair Maps Organizing Workshop – Wausau, WI
February 28, 2020 @ 7:00 am - March 1, 2020 @ 12:30 pm CST| $175.00
Wisconsin Voices and the Wisconsin Leadership Development Project (WiLD Project) present a 2.5-day workshop on Leadership, Organizing, and Action that offers participants the opportunity to learn five basic leadership practices in the context of the Wisconsin Fair Maps Campaign:
- How to articulate a story of why you were called to lead, a story of those whom you hope to mobilize, and a story of action: self, us, and now.
- How to build intentional relationships as the foundation of purposeful collective actions.
- How to structure your team with shared purpose, ground rules, and roles for effective leadership.
- How to strategize turning your resources into the power to achieve clear goals.
- How to translate strategy into measurable, motivational, and effective action.
Leadership is about accepting responsibility for enabling others to achieve shared purpose in the face of uncertainty. During these 2.5 days, participants will have the opportunity to work with peers and leaders from across Wisconsin to develop capacity for effective community leadership on the Fair Maps Campaign.
Participants are intentionally recruited in teams of 5-8 people with an organizing focus to attend this workshop. If you are interested in participating but have not been recruited by someone from the Wisconsin Voices or WiLD Project network, please email Carlene Bechen before registering.
The registration fee covers lodging in a shared room for two nights, plus five meals and snacks (Dinner Day 1, Breakfast & Lunch Day 2, Breakfast & Lunch Day 3). It also covers customized training materials, training location, and an experienced training team who will facilitate your learning.