During our signature in-person training, participants have the opportunity to work with peers and leaders from various communities to develop capacity for effective community leadership. Participants are intentionally recruited in teams of 5-8 people with an organizing focus.
Participants will learn the five basic leadership practices:
- How to articulate a story of why you were called to lead, a story of those whom you hope to mobilize, and a story of action: self, us, and now.
- How to build intentional relationships as the foundation of purposeful collective actions.
- How to structure a team with shared purpose, ground rules and roles for effective leadership.
- How to strategize turning resources into the power to achieve clear goals.
- How to translate strategy into measurable, motivational, and effective action.