This week, we’re spotlighting Ohio-based organizer, Lynette Cashaw-Davis. Follow along to see how she is making an impact in her community!
1) What are you working on now—the change you are feeling the most urgency around making in the world through your organizing?
Developing a coalition of community organizations and individuals to look at addiction and recovery through the lens of equity and inclusion, and commitment to the elimination of disparities, stigma and discrimination by embracing culture-informed practices in recovery spaces.
2) If you could give a new organizer one piece of guidance, what would it be?
Follow your heart, ask for help, feel the fear, and do it anyway.
3) When times are tough, what is your go-to for getting “back on the bike?”
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV
4) What’s your favorite Wild moment?
When I got the opportunity to share my mindful movement practice during one of our grounding moments – I love an audience! 😉
5) What’s a fun fact about you?
My favorite color is purple – I’ve had purple hair, my husband and I wore purple at our wedding, and I’ve worn purple every Thursday for the last 10 years (so now people at my workplace have started participating in Purple Thursdays as well). 💜